Port Lansing has it all when it comes to distribution. It is home to CN and CSX railroad main lines, UPS’ Michigan air hub and Capital Region International Airport’s 8,500-foot runway. Easy access to Interstates I-69 and I-96 and four-lane highway U.S. 127 further guarantees that shippers are well connected. And consider this fact: 91 million consumers in Canada and the United States are within one-day truck service of Port Lansing.
Port Lansing Is Logistics Simplified
- On NAFTA and major U.S. trade corridors.
- Access to more than 9 million consumers in Michigan.
- Proximity to major markets.
- 2014 demand consumer expenditures*
- 10-mile ring: $5.1 billion
- 75-mile ring: $96.3 billion
- 500-mile ring: $1.6 trillion
- Fast-track permitting.
- Right-to-work state.
- Ready pool of skilled and unskilled workers.
- Superior Central Michigan location eliminates costly empty backhauls, which means saving on fuel costs and faster transit times to your customers.
- Quality-of-life factors
- Low crime rate
- Housing availability
- Highly rated public schools and universities
- Major health care facilities
*Source: The Nielsen Company, Retail Market Power Report