Robert F. Selig
Capital Region International Airport
- Bob Selig has over 34 years experience in airport management at airports in Kalamazoo, Michigan, Missouri, North Dakota, Nebraska, and Ohio prior to arriving in Lansing.
- Formerly the Executive Director of the Rickenbacker Port Authority and the Rickenbacker International Airport in Columbus, Ohio. Rickenbacker is an all cargo international airport.
- Began his experience in air cargo in the U.S. Air Force in the 1970s.
- Has been involved in air cargo, distribution, logistics, trucking, and rail throughout his career.
- Began service as the Executive Director of the Capital Region Airport Authority on November 18, 2002.
- Has a Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration and an Associates Degree in Criminal Justice.
- Is one of approximately 500 Accredited Airport Executives (AAE) in the United States and Canada through the American Association of Airport Executives (AAAE)
- Is a past President of the Great Lakes Chapter of the American Association of Airport Executives that represents airports from 12 states in the Midwest and the Provinces of Manitoba and Ontario, Canada.
- Currently on the National Board of Directors for the American Association of Airport Executives.
- Married to Kathy, and they have 3 children: Katie, Elizabeth, and Andrew. Katie is married and lives in Greenville, Tennessee. Elizabeth lives in Lincoln, Nebraska, and Andrew works for Fifth Third Bank in Cincinnati, Ohio.